Thursday, September 26, 2024

Thursday Psalms: Sing to the LORD!

God created and cares for all things in this world; how should we consider Him?

Psalm 104:27-35

27 These all look to You,

       to give them their food in due season.

28 When You give it to them, they gather it up;

       when You open Your hand, they are filled with good things.                

29 When You hide Your face, they are dismayed;

       when You take away their breath, they die and return to their dust.

30 When You send forth Your Spirit, they are created,

       and You renew the face of the ground.

31 May the glory of the Lord endure forever;

       may the Lord rejoice in His works,

32 who looks on the earth and it trembles,

       who touches the mountains and they smoke!

33 I will sing to the Lord as long as I live;

       I will sing praise to my God while I have being.

34 May my meditation be pleasing to Him,

       for I rejoice in the Lord.

35 Let sinners be consumed from the earth,

       and let the wicked be no more!

    Bless the Lord, O my soul!

       Praise the Lord!  


In these verses, "these'', "them" and "they" all refer to all that God has created, see verses 1-26 for beautiful descriptions of God's creation.  All created things look to God for their food, and all that is needed to sustain life.  When God provides abundantly, His creation "gathers it up", and when God "hides His face" all created things "are dismayed."   Verse 29b makes this very clear:  God has numbered the days of everything He has created.  All things live and die at God's will.  Verse 30 adds that all life is created, sustained and renewed by God's Holy Spirit.

Give thanks to God that He has given you faith in Him, not simply as Creator, but He has given you faith in His Son Jesus, your Redeemer and Savior!  

O God, by Your grace and mercy, I will sing to the Lord as long as I live.  AMEN.

Peace in Christ,
Pastor Mark

Pilgrim Lutheran Church, LCMS    Burton, Michigan

office:  810.744.1188     mobile:  248.881.7627


We are Pilgrims with a Purpose:  

     Sharing God’s Love & Mercy with Each Other & the World.


Pilgrim Website

Pilgrim Facebook page


Soli Deo Gloria

"Give me understanding, that I may keep Your law and observe it with my whole heart."  Psalm 119:34  

No comments:

Post a Comment