Thursday, August 8, 2024

Thursday Psalms: Your Shame Removed!

David’s prayer of thanksgiving is a beautiful prayer that invites all believers to trust in God for deliverance and give thanks to Him.

Psalm 34:1-8

I will bless the Lord at all times;

      His praise shall continually be in my mouth.

My soul makes its boast in the Lord;

      let the humble hear and be glad.

Oh, magnify the Lord with me,

      and let us exalt His name together!

I sought the Lord, and He answered me

      and delivered me from all my fears.

Those who look to Him are radiant,

      and their faces shall never be ashamed.

This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him

      and saved him out of all his troubles.

The angel of the Lord encamps

      around those who fear Him, and delivers them.

Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!

      Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him! 


Check out the deliverance God gives you in verse five.  Shame is such a powerful & defeating force.  It's often more than just an emotion; shame can change lives, shame can completely alter one's physical and/or emotional health.  All shame comes from sin, either directly or indirectly.  How can you and I be set free from shame?  How can we never be ashamed?

The Lord delivers you from all your fears, from your shame, from your sins!  Simply seek the Lord in prayer, confessing your sins and asking for His forgiveness.  God forgives your sins and removes them from you, as far as the east is from the west [Psalm 103:12]!  With God's forgiveness of your sins, your shame & guilt are also removed!


Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!  You are blessed when you refuge in Him!


Peace in Christ,
Pastor Mark

Pilgrim Lutheran Church, LCMS    Burton, Michigan

office:  810.744.1188     mobile:  248.881.7627


We are Pilgrims with a Purpose:  

     Sharing God’s Love & Mercy with Each Other & the World.


Pilgrim Website

Pilgrim Facebook page


Soli Deo Gloria
"Give me understanding, that I may keep Your law 

     and observe it with my whole heart."  Psalm 119:34   

No comments:

Post a Comment