Thursday, March 14, 2024

Thursday Psalms: God's Awesome Word!

Blessed Thursday morning to each of you!  The Psalm appointed for this coming Sunday is Psalm 119, verses 9-16

PSALM 119:9-16

How can a young man keep his way pure?

       By guarding it according to Your word.

10 With my whole heart I seek You;

       let me not wander from Your commandments!

11 I have stored up Your word in my heart,

       that I might not sin against You.

12 Blessed are You, O Lord;

       teach me Your statutes!

13 With my lips I declare

       all the rules of Your mouth.

14 In the way of Your testimonies I delight

       as much as in all riches.

15 I will meditate on Your precepts

       and fix my eyes on Your ways.

16 I will delight in Your statutes;

       I will not forget Your word. 


The unknown psalmist poses a direct question and answer in verse 9, which seems simple enough.  In the following verses he gives more detailed advice for us to follow.  Here and throughout Psalm 119, God's word is central and is the basis for everything.  And so it is still today; our foundation for remaining pure & guarding our lives is God's Word.  

In all the world there is no better source of encouragement, direction for your life than God's Word.  The theme for yesterday's worship services was based on Psalm 41:6 and we compared the EMPTY WORDS all around us with God's Word, which is TRUE and TRUSTWORTHY.  You can watch this short service by clicking HERE.  

The verses from Psalm 119 above give us good, practical actions we can take, which will help us keep our ways pure.  But God's Word gives you something of far greater value.  Through His Word, God gives you forgiveness of your sins, joyful life here on earth and eternal life in heaven after you die.  If you'd like to learn more about these great gifts God wants to give you, please contact me!

Thanks be to God for His awesome Word!

Peace in God alone,
Pastor Mark

Pilgrim Lutheran Church, LCMS    Burton, Michigan

office:  810.744.1188     mobile:  248.881.7627


We are Pilgrims with a Purpose:  

     Sharing God’s Love & Mercy with Each Other & the World.


Pilgrim Website

Pilgrim Facebook page


Soli Deo Gloria


“The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom..."  Psalm 111:10a  

No comments:

Post a Comment