Thursday, August 31, 2023

Thursday Psalms: Walking in God's Faithfullness!

In our Psalm for today, David speaks a lot about how he has walked his daily life.  Of course, neither David nor any of us walk perfectly, but David highlights what is God-pleasing.  His list includes walking with integrity, trusting in the Lord, being tried and tested by God, and others.  David also encourages us to avoid sinfulness in verses four and five.  All of us join David, trying to walk in God-pleasing ways every day.

PSALM 26   Of David.

Vindicate me, O Lord, for I have walked in my integrity,

      and I have trusted in the Lord without wavering.

Prove me, O Lord, and try me;

      test my heart and my mind.

For Your steadfast love is before my eyes,

      and I walk in Your faithfulness.

I do not sit with men of falsehood,

      nor do I consort with hypocrites.

I hate the assembly of evildoers,

      and I will not sit with the wicked.

I wash my hands in innocence and go around Your altar, O Lord,

    7 proclaiming thanksgiving aloud, and telling all Your wondrous deeds.

Lord, I love the habitation of Your house

      and the place where Your glory dwells.

Do not sweep my soul away with sinners,

      nor my life with bloodthirsty men,

10 in whose hands are evil devices,

      and whose right hands are full of bribes.

11 But as for me, I shall walk in my integrity;

      redeem me, and be gracious to me.

12 My foot stands on level ground;

      in the great assembly I will bless the Lord


But our most important walking is not found in the choices we make, what we do, nor where we walk.  Verse three tells us about this walking, but what does it mean for us to walk in God's faithfulness?  

Because God loves you, me, and all of His creation far more than we can understand, God is faithful to Himself and all His promises.  God's most important promise was made to Adam & Eve just after their first sin.  God promised to send a Savior, to redeem all people from the sins we inherit and those we commit ourselves.  Jesus, God's only Son, was born a human baby and lived a sinless life on this earth.  Furthermore, Jesus allowed Himself to suffer and be killed, so He could be faithful to His Father's will and take the sin punishment you and I daily deserve.  That's faithfulness beyond what we can even imagine!

In verse eleven, David was looking forward to the promised Savior as he prayed that God would redeem him and be gracious to him.  You and I are even more blessed, that we can look back in time and point to Jesus, our Savior.  God HAS redeemed you!  God HAS been gracious to you, and still is gracious and loving and forgiving to you every day of your life!

Today, let's join David in God-pleasing walking, to the best of our abilities.  Best of all, since God was and continues to be faithful, we walk everyday in His faithfulness, His love and His forgiveness!

Peace in Christ,

Pastor Mark

Pilgrim Lutheran Church, LCMS    Burton, Michigan

office:  810.744.1188

mobile:  248.881.7627

     We are Pilgrims with a Purpose:  

        Sharing God’s Love & Mercy with Each Other & the World.

Pilgrim Website

Pilgrim Facebook page


Soli Deo Gloria


“You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your Word." Psalm 119:114   

No comments:

Post a Comment