Thursday, August 10, 2023

Thursday Psalms: The Lord IS Your Strength!

I always feel uplifted and encouraged when I read the first six verses of Psalm 18, and I pray you will too!  By faith given to us, God reveals that He IS our strength, our rock, our stronghold!  

PSALM 18:1-6

I love you, O Lord, my strength.

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,

      my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,

               my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,

      and I am saved from my enemies.

The cords of death encompassed me;

      the torrents of destruction assailed me;

the cords of Sheol entangled me;

      the snares of death confronted me.

In my distress I called upon the Lord;

      to my God I cried for help.

  From His temple He heard my voice,

      and my cry to Him reached His ears. 


No matter what enemies we face in life, including death itself, the Lord saves us from our enemies and is our stronghold.  Through Jesus' death and resurrection, God has saved you even from death by whatever enemy [sickness, accident, decay...]!  And so, we can join the psalmist and confidently praise & thank God, knowing that He has heard our prayers!

Today, join me in being comforted by the Lord, your strength!

Peace in Christ,

Pastor Mark

Pilgrim Lutheran Church, LCMS    Burton, Michigan

office:  810.744.1188

mobile:  248.881.7627

     We are Pilgrims with a Purpose:  

        Sharing God’s Love & Mercy with Each Other & the World.

Pilgrim Website

Pilgrim Facebook page


Soli Deo Gloria


“You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your Word." Psalm 119:114  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment