Thursday, June 29, 2023

Thursday Psalms: God Is Your Life!

We know neither the time nor author of Psalm 119, but God's Law plays a central role in the psalmist's life.  In today's section, the psalmist proclaims through his prayers that God is his life.  Three times he prays God would give him life.  At least once in each verse, the psalmist proclaims a different gift that God gives us to support and provide our lives.

PSALM 119:153-160

153 Look on my affliction and deliver me,

       for I do not forget Your law.

154 Plead my cause and redeem me;

       give me life according to Your promise!

155 Salvation is far from the wicked,

       for they do not seek Your statutes.

156 Great is Your mercy, O Lord;

       give me life according to Your rules.

157 Many are my persecutors and my adversaries,

       but I do not swerve from Your testimonies.

158 I look at the faithless with disgust,

       because they do not keep Your commands.

159 Consider how I love Your precepts!

       Give me life according to Your steadfast love.

160 The sum of Your word is truth,

       and every one of Your righteous rules endures forever.


We all know that we can't ever keep God's law, rules, or commands.  But God forgives us when we confess our failures and God's forgiveness gives us new life, both here on earth and eternally in heaven!

Thanks be to God, that He gives us life, that He is our life!  

Peace to you!
Pastor Mark

Pilgrim Lutheran Church, LCMS    Burton, Michigan

office:  810.744.1188

mobile:  248.881.7627

     We are Pilgrims with a Purpose:  

        Sharing God’s Love & Mercy with Each Other & the World.

Pilgrim Website

Pilgrim Facebook page


Soli Deo Gloria

“You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your Word." Psalm 119:114


No comments:

Post a Comment