Thursday, November 17, 2022

Thursday Psalms: My Soul Waits for the Lord!

 

This coming Sunday is the Last Sunday in the Church Year, and the year's Gospel lessons end with Jesus Christ on Calvary's cross, at the end of His earthly life.  As we focus on the last days we consider Jesus' last day, our own last days, and the Last Day when Christ will return in judgement.  And so we wait...


  PSALM 130

Out of the depths I cry to You, O Lord!  

Lord, hear my voice!

     Let Your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy!

If You, O Lord, should mark iniquities, 

      O Lord, who could stand?

But with You there is forgiveness,

      that You may be feared.

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,

     and in His word I hope.

my soul waits for the Lord

     more than watchmen for the morning,

         more than watchmen for the morning.

O Israel, hope in the Lord! 

     For with the Lord, there is steadfast love,

          and with Him is plentiful redemption.

8  And He will redeem Israel from all her iniquities.


While we wait for Jesus Christ to return, we are more blessed than the psalmist, because we have seen the Father's promised salvation, in Jesus Christ!  In Jesus alone is there forgiveness, and He freely and generously gives His forgiveness to all who believe in Him!  In Him we receive steadfast love and plentiful redemption

And so, we wait...with forgiven hearts, full of thanks and praise for the Lord, our Savior.

Amen.  Come, Lord Jesus!   Revelation 22:20

Peace in Christ,

Pastor Mark

Pilgrim Lutheran Church, LCMS    Burton, Michigan

office:  810.744.1188

mobile:  248.881.7627

Pilgrim Website

Pilgrim Facebook page

Pilgrim Worship blog page

Soli Deo Gloria

"But you, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head."  Psalm 3:3 

No comments:

Post a Comment